Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Thoughts of an Explorer


I got up early morning to day around 5 AM today.Perhaps,I think I was so early up due to change of residence temporarily.I was in a not too remote village house in Thrissur house.As soon as I got up ,I came out just with a view to watching the morning skies&birds.Every one who stays in cities wont get such opportunity. When I was looking at the sky ,I heard a welcome voice of a bird usually called "come East ,comeEast" calling bird.Some people call it "East rising Bird" also.I n my place if it happened to Salim Ali,he could have become curious to trace&watch the bird.But I know from my childhood experience that this bird ies neither traceable nor easily watchable I had my basic morning routine like brushing teeth etc & had a cup of tea. Still it was not yet dawn.I thought I wont change my routine of morning walk &so started to go out with my cellphone Torch with me.I might have walked 500 metres,when I heard the second bird.This time it was a familiar bird known as "Chemboth" in Kerala.A bird as big as a crow similar to it,if not bigger, with red eyes.Red&Black color.Red in the body&black in the neck &tail. This bird is said to be one which gives warning signals with a peculiar sound whenever a sranger is seen I ignored her warning &walked ahead.The next I encountered was a Cuckoo black in colour similar to crow but smaller.I always liked her voice&the rhythm she employed in the mornings of February to April.So I tried to trace her.When she knew I was looking for her she stopped singing&vanished to find place in another tree a little away. So I continued with my task a little faster. The speed it looked to me attracted a dog which started barking.I generally,I dont like the barking of Dog.I stopped &looked direct into his eyess for a while .He also stopped barking.He was on a chainat the gate of a house whereas I was walking on a village road. I walked faster further ahead not bothering to more birds when crows started to make sounds.I was wondering where they were until then!. While returning ,I cared to walk by the side of the house from where the dog had barked.When he saw me again ,he didnt bark but started wagging it's tail a signal for me that we are no strangers now. On reaching back home ,the first thing I did was to have a glance at the News paper lying near the gate. The first news that attracted me was abot Shane Watson.It was said that the Delhi Test match betwen Australia&India would be staged under the officiating Captaincy of Watson as the regular captain Michael Clarke was placed in the injured list. It was welcome news for many in Australia,The ACB had also justified the return of Watson to look after his pregnent wife who later delivered him a son. But,somehow Watson being instrumental in taking away 4 others with him putting Australia Tiger by Tail&indirectly causing third successful defeat in Tests,the right of Watson to turn into a Hero from Villain seemed questionable to many in Australia&India. Though I didnt boter much about it as what was going to happen again at Delhi was a matter to be seen ¬ worth discussing. Still I am not convinced about the injury about Clark ,since he is the best player in the Australian squad who could change the fate of game on his own. Anything is possible in the game of Glorious Uncertainty but this kind of talk about Watson leading Australia is absurd.He is not deserving to do that after having betrayed his nation openly. Let us stop guessing &wait for reality tomorrow as the media news are sometimes misleading. There are many matters worth further thinking other than cricket.I hope to do justice to bring them out in the right perceptive later on sometimes. SreedharanMundanat 21st March2013 16-15 hrs(IST)

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Chemboth a bird always seen in Kerala is relevant.
    This morning I saw the bird again in a colony full of Villas called " Kent Pslmvillas in Kakkanad Kochi.There is one border line where a lot of Trees grow almost like a forest.This nird on seeing me on morning walk made the sound of a signal they usually make on seeing strangersmI tried to photograph when it flown away to the trees.Again made warning signal.It reminded me a blog I had writtem on it earlier.The speciality I noticed mow was that this bird was always sticking to it's are snd never mingle with in othet areas of the colony.2 days back also I had seen this bird in the same area.
    A funny bird with strange habits and with wondrrful colorful looks

    ReplyDelete