Friday, March 22, 2013

From Kerala with Love-The Genuine Explorer of the World


Kerala has a real Explorer of the World who did everything possible to visit many parts of the World.Not merely did He visit,but described everything happened to him lucidly to make the fellow countrymen assimilate the traveling Experiences he had in the form of books as well.Yes he was a traveller who shared his thoughts& experiences with everyone in his books Of course,I am referring to none other than the most read Novelist in Malayalam Shri S.K.Pottekkad Shi Sankaran Kutty Pottekkat was the most favourite storyteller&Traveller of the world who introduced the worldand habits of the people of the world to the Malayalle through his books His birth centenery is being celebrated on a large scale in his birthplace Kozhikkode now. It is sometimes felt that ShriSKP was not recognised by the Keralites in the right perceptive while he was alive. But the most coveted award in the literature of India "JNANAPEETH" was bestowed upon him.This perhaps,is the highest recognition for himfor his great novel"ORU DESTHINTE KATHA" Whether we recognised him the way he deserved or not,I am not supposed to make any comment on Shri Pottekkat because I am just one small drop in the ocean of his Fans! But I am indebted to him through most of his books which had the magnetic effect on me in Glewing to them forgetting even food&sarroundings. I remember days when I had to burn midnight oil because I was not in a frame of mind of keeping down his books to go to sleep. I sincerely feel that this had been my highest tribute to him. An exhibition of his books&imprints is being organised at Kozhikode. Let me again remember him&express my sincere gratitude from the bottom of my heart for affording me immense pleasure of reading which at times had the effect of turning into sweet dreams. Is there anything better than to express our heartfelt Tributes to him on this occasion of his birth centenery? SreedharanMundanat 22nd March2013 14-20Hrs(IST)

No comments:

Post a Comment